CAFE BRANDING, DESIGN + LAUNCH
The goal of this project was to develop the branding for this new, premium fast-casual restaurant concept for local market and for eventual national franchising. Yvette Craddock extended that brand to the design the interior environment that blended the cool, sophisticated style of Miami with earthy Midwestern elements.To dovetail and reinforce the healthy brand, YCD suggested and designed a vertical garden to grow herbs for the chefs to use and non-edible plants for clear air and greenery. In addition, YCD created graphic and interior solutions for inside the adjacent mall to reinforce fitness, health, food and positive mindset beliefs with color, décor and printing.
The brand identity materials designed included coupons, flyers, gift certificates, direct mail, menu boards, to-go menu, table tents, web site and social media pages to reinforce brand elements. The cafe launch campaign included an integrated advertising plan to promote the restaurant grand opening including guerilla, traditional and social media tactics. Also included was a public relations campaign to build pre-opening buzz. Internal promotion included the cross marketing of the owner’s fitness and health consulting business. The cafe concept was created in advance of a local movement to participate in the Blue Zone Project (BZP). In preparation for the opening, a formal alliance partnership was created with BZP and other related entities whose mission is to promote a healthy and fit lifestyle.
In this project, the role of the firm included performing comprehensive project management of the menu creation, vendor selection, menu cost analysis and more.
- Built a brand with immediate market recognition and credibility laying the foundation for franchising.
- Created a unique, contemporary atmosphere utilizing the brand colors with unique elements such as pops of color to offset the white, alternating chair colors at tables, high tops and bar while showcasing pattern through the bench pillows. Brought warmth in with use of wood around windows, trash receptacles and at bar.
- Successfully served as the liaison and catalyst for the restaurant to achieve the designation as the first Blue Zone Restaurant in the area.
- Built pre construction buzz with Blue Zone Project event sponsorship.
- Developed a social media base that tripled within a 72 hour period two weeks prior to the grand opening.
- The grand opening was attended by masses resulting in standing-room only crowd.
- The menu is receiving rave reviews from a broad section of consumers; those health-conscious and those learning. It is being distributed to companies throughout the metro area.
- Cross-promoted the owner’s consulting business through table tents and web sites
Client met immediate operational goals according to the project plan. They also grew an organic, interactive, social media patron base with positive feedback online and through word-of-mouth.
For this premium, fast-casual concept, table tents that featured a menu ingredient that also cross referenced as a superfood and/or a Blue Zones Food to educate patrons about nutrition, reinforce the menu quality and cross promote the owner’s health and fitness consulting business.
Here’s a snapshot of the clean, contemporary interiors designed by YCD on the client’s behalf. The cafe’s food photos are featured art, the tables and chairs punctuate the color palette and the back movement wall promotes wellness.